Saturday, December 6, 2008

Beach weekend




The girls gave me an early Christmas present and brought me to the beach for a few nights. We left Birmingham early Friday morning, stopped in Fairhope for a short walk around town, lunch at Sandra`s then on to Foley. We did some serious damage at the Foley outlets!! We had a good dinner at Cosmos then on to the condo to unpack. The parking lot was almost empty here. We didn`t have any trouble getting a close place to park by the door to unload our purchases and bags. It is really chilly here tonight. After getting ready for bed, we ate s`mores and watched, "Say yes to the dress". It is Anne`s new favorite show and she made us watch it. I dozed off several times during it and she woke me abruptly each time by yelling,"Gaga, wake up"!! It was finally over and they let me go to bed!! I slept good and didn`t get up until almost 8:45. We got ready and headed out to go for a quick bite to eat at McDonald`s before we returned to the Outlets. We went to a few more places there and returned to a few then on to lunch at our favorite pie/sandwich place. Imagine our disappointment when we got there and realized that they were closed for Saturday. No Sweety Pie lunch for us, which meant no piece of pie either! No problem, we went across the street to the Drug Store for sandwiches and soda fountains and my favorite part, $0.10 coffee!!




We came home to an afternoon of Alabama football, which we were very excited about but we couldn`t quite pull it off today. Oh well, we still had a great season. Now, Anne has been playing on the computer all afternoon on some stupid elf emails. She laughed so hard, I thought she was going to wet her pants!! Lindsey started the whole thing by sending us one of her and Reed. Anne just had to go and create one for every possibility of family members. Oh well, it kept her busy. I`m sure you can get a copy of one of her masterpieces if you really want to see it!!




We are late for dinner, so I will close for now. We are out the door for seafood and our last night out. A great big thanks to Tom and Zack for watching Papa for me so I could get away.




More later,


Love,


Gaga


3 comments:

CitrusCat said...

Aunt Weezie, I am SO impressed with your computer skills. You far exceed any of the Orlando clan's abilities. I am so glad you've been able to have a nice time at the beach. It sounds like so much fun. You've got sweet girls to treat you to such fun! (and great sons-in-laws to hold the fort down at home while you are gone). Love to all, Cathy

The McMahon Family said...

So it's my fault? Just kidding! I love the elfs too!

Rebecca said...

Gaga,
Glad to hear you had a wonderful beach trip! Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Those Elf-yourself emails that Anne did were hilarious...I laughed so hard at the one with Baby Addy and Heston...so cute!