Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lunch with the cousins

Yesterday I had the most wonderful lunch at Bright Star in Bessemer with Marygene and Bennie. Marygene, Bennie`s first husband, Albert, and my Bill were all first cousins. Over the years, we had many family reunions with the cousins and their families. We watched as the children grew, married and had children of their own. Well, now, Bennie and I are actually great grandmothers! Where did the time go?!! It was so nice to get to visit with them over lunch. Hope it won`t be that long before we do it again.
This weekend, Bill and Reed`s traveling baseball team, the Vandals, are having a tournament in Alabaster. I am excited to be able to be at one of their games since it will be so close to us. It is hard to get to those away games! After supper on Saturday, I have a treat, for sure. Lara is going to come spend the night with us so I can go to my Sunday School and church on Sunday morning. She has been going to Sunday night church for the summer and wanted to come stay with Papa so I could get out. I haven`t been with my Sunday School ladies for a long time and I am looking forward to seeing everyone. Thanks, Lara and good luck Vandals!!

No comments: